Friday, January 05, 2007

Second Life - Day Two

Okay, things have gone a bit better today in Second Life. I was only able to spend about 45 minutes in there but at least everything worked for me. As commenter Eric pointed out, my Toshiba laptop falls just short of the needed graphics card. I tried it again today and did get it to work, but still not very well. Logging into SL with a new Gateway laptop went very smoothly.

It took me a while to figure it out, but I was finally able to shed the ringtail fox avatar that I selected when creating my account. I still have a lot of work to do on my avatar, but I'll slowly keep chipping away at it. This is going to take hours to really learn what goes on in there, but so far I like it.

I just logged in to get this picture of my avatar and found an alien spaceship hovering and then gun fire erupted. Apparently things get a bit rougher in there at night. I was run over by a motorcycle earlier today. I'm pretty sure that it was intentional since I'm not the only newbie that was sent flying by the madman on the bike.

No comments: