Thursday, November 08, 2007

A Day at Schoolcraft

What a great day. Spent another day in Michigan (looking for house --- jk!!). Today I facilitated a 5-hour hands-on Web 2.0 workshop at Schoolcraft College in Livonia, MI. I met about 20 great people as we created wikis, blogs, podcasts, rss feed readers, delicious accounts, and much, much, more.

My ITC buddy Ronda brought me back to Michigan for more interaction with faculty and staff members at various schools of the MCCVLC. I do believe that many people left the workshop today with several ideas of new ways that they can engage their students and work more efficiently.

Tomorrow it will be a repeat performance at Delta College in the Bay City area. On the way from Livonia to Bay City we stopped for dinner at Zehnder's in Frankenmuth. What a fantastic experience. This place has been around for well over 100 years and serves excellent German food with a great facility and attentive employees. I'm not easily impressed by restaurants, but this one ranks right up there. The neon sign below is a bit of a national icon (who knew?). I had the duck, not the chicken.

No comments: