Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Eliminating Chinglish

Please, say it isn't so! Apparently the Chinese are trying to clean up the Chinglish in prominent places prior to the arrival of tourists for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. Looking for good examples of Chinglish is absolutely some of the most fun to be had while traveling over there.

This fire exting atsher box is a good example, but only one of many that can amuse for hours on end. BTW - I'm not poking fun at the Chinese people who have been wonderful in all of my experiences over there, but I would just hate to see this actually go away over time. I guarantee you that I would fail miserably if I tried to put Mandarin characters on my signs, but I bet they'd have fun with it if I tried to.

Here are a few other good examples: Hair salon, Keep off grass, Bump head, Mate swapping?

No comments: