Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Returning to China

How strange. In March I had no plans to go to China or anywhere else exotic. Now, just a few short months later, I am preparing for my second trip to China in five months. The first trip was excellent as I accompanied a great group of people from St. Cloud State University as we visited Shanghai, Xi'an, and Beijing. I was along for the ride with John B. and Patricia A. as we were looking into opportunities for delivering e-learning to Chinese students. The photo was taken while I was talking with a group of high school students in Xi'an.

Now I am preparing to go to Guangzhou (formerly Canton City), Hong Kong, and Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon), Vietnam. This time the mission is to continue to develop our relationship with the Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts (GAFA) and to attempt to recruit international students in Hong Kong and HCMC. We've had a faculty exchange program with GAFA for the past few years and we are hoping to add a student exchange program to that partnership. The international recruitment fairs are sponsored and organized by the American Association of Community Colleges. We leave Duluth on Saturday, October 7 and return on Thursday, October 19. This time I will be able to blog from there since China has lifted the e-blockade against Blogger sites.
Posts from previous trip: Blocked, Great Firewall, and Chinese Kids.

No comments: