Sunday, September 17, 2006

Perfect Sports Weekend


Wow, it just doesn't get much better than this. This is an off topic post, but I don't care because this was just such an excellent weekend that I have to gloat a little bit.

The Padres reclaimed first place in the NL West by beating the Dodgers both Saturday and Sunday. Another game comes Monday night but for now my favorite baseball team has resumed their proper spot at the top of the standings.


The Twins, my second favorite baseball team, won both Saturday and Sunday to pull within 1 game of first place and to give them a little bit of a cushion in the race for the AL wild card spot. They continue to play well even though their pitching staff continues to dwindle due to injuries.


The football weekend got off to a perfect start as my beloved ASU Sun Devils rolled into Boulder, Colorado and manhandled the Buffaloes. The game was even televised nationally on Saturday night so I got to watch most of it in between some family activities.


The Vikings, my second favorite pro football team went to 2-0 with an overtime win against the Panthers and that was followed up by my favorite NFL team, the Broncos, also pulling out an overtime win with a boring (yet satisfying) field goal.

For some reason I just felt like watching sports this weekend, and it sure turned out to be the right time to watch. Or maybe it was because I was watching that all my teams won. Seven wins and no losses, now that's some good karma.

No comments: