Saturday, April 14, 2007

Vacation Time

I've spent the past few days taking some real vacation time. Real vacation means that I was without a computer and Internet connection for almost four whole days. Felt kinda strange, but I didn't exactly freak out or anything like that.

To be honest, I did have my smartphone with me and I did check email occasionally just to make sure there wasn't an emergency or something else that needed my attention. It's not fun or easy to read and write email on that little device so I didn't do it (much), but it is a fairly easy way to delete spam emails before I got back to my normal connected life.

The picture is of me heading out from the Venice, FL jetty into the Gulf of Mexico. We went out about 12 miles to one of our favorite "gag holes" which is fishin'-talk for a place where we've caught big groupers before. The red tides in this area over the past few years have taken their toll on the fishery, and as luck wouldn't have it - we got skunked. Still, a bad day of fishin' beats a good day of something ... however that saying goes.

Today the AACC convention starts with a keynote by Bob Woodward tonight and another keynote by Bill Cosby on Tuesday morning. Should be fun.

No comments: