Sunday, April 01, 2007

Padres Toondoo

In honor of Opening Day, I decided to try some actual photos in a Toondoo. Overall, I don't think it works very well, but what the heck ... I was just playing around.


Padres Opening Day


Toondoo let's you create a comic strip using various preloaded characters, props, backgrounds, and other things. It could be a great tool for a creative student project.
Below I'll post my rather lame attempt at a real two-panel comic strip. This is the kind of thing my five-year-old would say to me. (NOTE: It looks like the Flash player is going to work now, after two days of not working for me. I'll try again below, but I'll leave the non-flash player above just to show the difference.)









Technorati Tags: ,

4 comments:

rajendran said...

Hi,

Have you tried the Flash-Embed option? It brings a smooth scroller effect, without having to get horizontal scroll bars, etc.

Try it!

Rajendran.
ToonDude from www.jambav.com

Barry Dahl said...

I tried the flash option first, but Blogger didn't display the images. It was late at night and I didn't have the energy to troubleshoot it, so I took the easy way out.

I agree that the flash option is much better. I'll try it again to see if I have any more luck. Barry

Barry Dahl said...

I'm not finding an easy way to make it work in Blogger.

Here is what I get:
http://barrysandbox.blogspot.com/2007/04/testing-toondoo-flash.html

Barry Dahl said...

And just like that, the flash players started working later today. Not sure if that was a Blogger.com thing or not. I do prefer the flash player. BD