Thursday, May 11, 2006

Planning a Skypecast

I'm heading for China with a delegation from St. Cloud State from May 24 - June 4. As a Skype user, I plan to keep in touch with the family that way while I'm gone. I haven't yet tried their new Skypecasts, but I'm thinking that it could be a fun way of connecting with several friends and co-workers for a little update on how things are going on the trip (they say you can have a 100 online at the same time...but I only have three friends).

Although this is subject to change, right now I'm planning to give it a shot at about 9:30 AM central time on either Tuesday or Wednesday, May 30/31. If you're not a Skype user, create your own free account and get a PC microphone. You don't need to have a webcam for video, but I'll be using one from China (if all goes well). More details later.

2 comments:

China Herald said...

Nice to hear, Barry: I have just started to experiment a bit myself in using skypecast for my China-related stuff. Are you going to do interesting stuff in China? Would it be worthwhile for me to join in although I do not know you?

Barry Dahl said...

Hi Fons,
We will be traveling in China for ten days meeting with various members of the higher education community. We are basically trying to establish partnerships and opportunities for us to deliver e-learning courses and programs in China. We will be visiting in Shanghai, Xi'an, and Beijing. I'm thinking the Skypecasts will be a way to involve some of the people back at my college in what we are doing over in China.
It would be great to join the skypecast if that is at all interesting to you. Thanks, Barry