Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Inbox Zero Mission

I really didn't think that I could pull it off. Hah, even I can fool myself. Much to my surprise, I was able to delete or file/archive all of my email messages at work. Somewhere around 15,000 emails have been deleted during the past few days and several thousand more have been moved into appropriate folders or archived if they really have a future potential use.

I've been inspired by the 43 folders series about Inbox Zero and also by several people I admire in the blogosphere who have been taking this idea to heart. Next step will be order the book Getting Things Done from Amazon and continue trying to make my life a bit more (okay, a lot more) efficient and productive. After I cleaned out my email box yesterday, I also threw out several boxes of old paper documents that I have been saving for the past few years, just in case I ever needed them. "Just in case" never seemed to happen, so now they're gone.

No comments: