Saturday, June 02, 2007

One Day of Rest

No official meetings scheduled for Saturday in Beijing, so we played like tourists for a day instead. We visited Tiananman Square, the Forbidden City, and the Great Wall. The picture above was taken on the roof top of the Bada Ling Hotel where we had dinner waiting for the lights of the Great Wall to come on.

The picture below is me with six of my new best friends. For some reason I am a popular person for photo opportunities in China. I was asked twice today to pose with young ladies, and these are not the first times that this has happened to me in China.Both times that I have been here it has been tough to get good photos of the Great Wall and other major sites due to the incredibly smoggy and foggy air conditions. People pictures work out well, but panoramics and landscape photos require your imagination to envision what it would look like on a clear day. They swear that they do have clear days here, but I'm beginning to doubt it.

No comments: